Dr Ross D Farhadieh
BSc(Med)Hons, MBBS, MD, EBOPRASF, FRACS(Plast), FRCS(Plast)
Cosmetic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr Ross Farhadieh is an internationally renowned Australian trained and qualified cosmetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He is unique amongst his peers in many ways. Here is a snap shot:
- Immediate past and current Chief Editor of major international reference Plastic Surgery textbooks
- Author of multiple book chapters on facelift and breast augmentation surgery
- Triple Board Certified in Plastic Surgery
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons FRACS(Plast)
- Royal College of Surgeons (England) FRCS(Plast)
- European Board of Plastic Surgery EBOPRASF
- Former Surgeon Scientist Scholar Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Multiple subspecialty clinical fellowships from World leading institutes in London
First and foremost, Dr Farhadieh is the immediate past and current Chief Editor of the critically acclaimed and internationally hailed reference textbooks of plastic surgery: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: Approaches and Techniques and Plastic Surgery: Principles & Practice. His own contributions were chapters on breast augmentation, eyelid and facelift surgery.
Chief Editor of the reference textbook of plastic surgery
These reference textbooks are used by plastic surgery trainees and surgeons all over the World. They bring together 130 leading world authorities in their field. The success and popularity of the First Edition has meant that Dr Farhadieh was again appointed Chief Editor to a New Edition published in 2021. This great honour and achievement is a reflection of his plastic surgery peer recognition at the international level. It has been made possible because of the sheer passion and dedication Dr Farhadieh gives to his profession; it was well and truly a labour of love. He is the only Australian Plastic Surgeon to hold such a post in the last 30 years and among a handful of elite club world wide.
Secondly, Dr Farhadieh is triple board certified.
What does this mean? It means that he has been rigorously assessed and examined by three independent Surgical Colleges, and deemed to show mastery of his plastic and reconstructive surgical skills. There are less than a handful of plastic surgeons in the World who have three board certifications, and Dr Ross Farhadieh is one of them.
Triple board certified
Dr Ross Farhadieh’s Board Certifications:
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, FRACS(Plast)
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England, FRCS(Plast)
- The European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRASF)
Dr Farhadieh’s Memberships:
Sub-Specialisation and Fellowship training
Dr Farhadieh sub-specialises in cosmetic breast surgery and facial aesthetic surgery, as well as microsurgical reconstructions.
Specialising in cosmetic breast, face, and microsurgery
At the end of his training, Dr Farhadieh travelled to London, United Kingdom, to undertake three formal sub-specialty clinical fellowships from World leading units:
Academic Accolades and other notable achievements
Dedicated to teaching Australia’s future plastic surgeons
Public appointment Dr Farhadieh is the head of Department of Plastic Reconstructive & Hand Surgery as a Visiting Medical Officer at The Canberra & Calvary Hospitals where he undertakes major reconstructive and microsurgical procedures for breast, head & neck, hands, and lower limbs. He remains involved in research, as well as, the training and education of Australia’s future plastic surgeons. He has extensively presented at international plastic surgery conferences and published in scientific surgical journals and plastic surgery textbooks over the last 25 years.
Major Microsurgical Reconstructions
Dr Farhadieh’s Surgical Training: an overview
- Graduated from UNSW Medical School in 1999 with Honours.
- Completed a postgraduate Medical Doctorate (MD) research degree at UNSW, investigating molecular biological markers in head & neck cancers.
- He completed his Plastic Surgery Training in Melbourne, under the tutelage of Professor Wayne Morrison.
- Trained for over 13 years after becoming a doctor to complete his plastic surgery training before embarking on further training to develop his specialist interests.
Passionate about running, Renaissance Art, & Family
Dr Farhadieh’s other interests Dr Farhadieh is a keen runner, with an unrivalled running music playlist to keep him motivated. He is a voracious reader, and is particularly interested in history and philosophy. He has a passion for Renaissance art, Italian food, and French wine. He also enjoys travelling, particularly in Europe. Above all, he loves spending time with his wife, son and daughter.